TrackNation

Select a Forum

Forum Home > College Track > Week one of the 2016-17 season

[email protected]

Here is footage of A&T semi run vs Auburn https://www.facebook.com/ncatathletics/videos/vb.139875504000/10154754145019001/?type=2&theater#

June 21, 2017 at 6:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Darlene Moore is the new DIRECTOR of the Track program at Florida A&M.
July 19, 2017 at 1:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

[email protected] at July 19, 2017 at 1:01 PM

Darlene Moore is the new DIRECTOR of the Track program at Florida A&M.

Dwight - since there may be several changes in the seasons to come with many organizations, why don't you create a separate thread that could the repository for these announcements.

I realize that you and Rolie have followed these type of news flashes religiously.  Which is outstanding, by the way!

A common title can be created that would immediately identify such info.  Just a thought.

--

July 20, 2017 at 8:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]

Point taken I should have started a thread about HBCUs of course.

July 20, 2017 at 2:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
WE sent you a pm about Belcher in the World Championships.
August 5, 2017 at 3:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

[email protected] at August 5, 2017 at 3:08 PM

WE sent you a pm about Belcher in the World Championships.

Thanks Dwight.   Either Belcher needs to increase contact length post acceleration or establish more consistency with applying ground force.   Nothing perhaps his coaches don't already know.

Certainly a plus talent going forward.   Reminds me of Greene 1995!

--

August 5, 2017 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
He needs a attitude adjustment as well ppl on YouTube thought he was just too cocky for a rookie on the pro circuit he acted as if he was BOLT!!!!!
August 8, 2017 at 3:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Wow that is quite a comparison!!!!!
August 8, 2017 at 3:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

[email protected] at August 8, 2017 at 3:30 PM

Wow that is quite a comparison!!!!!

His movement levers, as well as cyclical rotations, could even be compared to another former HBCU world class performer!
--

August 8, 2017 at 7:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Who is this person?????
August 9, 2017 at 10:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
WE check out this diamond in the rough http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcY80oZQQSY
August 9, 2017 at 5:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

[email protected] at August 9, 2017 at 10:35 AM

Who is this person?????

Take a snippet of Tim Montgomery (Norfolk State) and put it alongside one of Belcher. What do you think?
--

August 11, 2017 at 12:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

[email protected] at August 9, 2017 at 5:57 PM

WE check out this diamond in the rough http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcY80oZQQSY

All the best to this young man, going forward.

IMHO, needs improvement in postural uniformity, which should help gait and increase contact length (indirectly with reduction in Gct). Typical attributes for some, but can be corrected with incremental touches!

--

August 11, 2017 at 12:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
WE you are right they have a similar running style.I saw Montgomery in his racing days late 90s when he ran a 9.78 WR.The arm action is very similar but Montgomery has a longer gait and that is something Belcher must work on if he is to become the sprinter I think he be down the road.
August 12, 2017 at 1:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
The WC are not going well for some folks and the weather is horrible for sprints.
August 12, 2017 at 1:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scottmitchell74

This has been the weirdest, wildest World Championships (throw in the Olympics as well) that I can remember. So many uexpected shakes. So much fun! 

I do feel bad for Ta Lou...I can't remember two such near-Golds. Outleaned twice! Great sprinter, great games for her...just not quite Gold.

Women's Steeplechase?!?! 

Usain Bolt?!?!

--

"You there on the motorbike...sell me one of your melons!"

August 12, 2017 at 6:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

scottmitchell74 at August 12, 2017 at 6:04 PM

This has been the weirdest, wildest World Championships (throw in the Olympics as well) that I can remember. So many uexpected shakes. So much fun! 

I do feel bad for Ta Lou...I can't remember two such near-Golds. Outleaned twice! Great sprinter, great games for her...just not quite Gold.

Women's Steeplechase?!?! 

Usain Bolt?!?!

Yes Scott, it certainly didn't follow the script!   I do believe we got an opportunity to see some rising max performers.   One as you mentioned was Ta Lou.

The external circumstances that encompassed these world games reminded me of Helsink '05!   Poor weather conditions, leading to erractic event prep was a downer for me.

It was good to see the arrival of Phyllis Francis - from elite performer to world event winner.   I'm still awaiting the next young dominate long sprinter with all the raw tools.   Felix and Richards were such athletes IMHO.

How long will Coleman's flame light the track?   Will Lyles and/or Cooper be the next super US male long sprint champions?

Wow - does Miller-Uibo has some metabolic fatigue issues or what?   The arguments of speed and specific endurance will continue.

--

August 13, 2017 at 1:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

Coleman, must work on his closing, so far on the senior level, he has failed to exhibit that quality. Look at Nationals Gatlin and Webb closed on him respectfully in the 100 and 200m. then we see her at WC, Bolt in both the semi and finals, of course Gat in the finals. Then on yesterday as anchor in the 4x1. he has a fine coach in Tim Hall. Obviously what he was able to do and close on the collegiate level, won't get it done on the senior level against the quality sprinters.

W.E. I agree about Millier-Uibo, these has been two years in a row, she has struggled to finish, granted this year she attempted the double and how more races to run, she did a decent job coming back in that 200n final. Speaking of the 400m amd I do echo your sentiments about Francis, she showed she can run from the front as she did in her semi and win and also display that come from behind as in her victory, great job by her and Vince Anderson. The female I was very impressed and I see as a future star, was the teenager, the 19 year old who took the silver, very impressive 400m the whole rounds and finals by her.

--

For me to live is Christ, but to die is gain Phil. 1:21

August 13, 2017 at 8:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]
Speed when it comes to Coleman would you recommend more SE style workouts using 300s 500s or something significant ly less???
August 13, 2017 at 3:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

I suspect Speedfirst will have an interesting reply regarding your recent comment on Coleman, Dwight.

It certainly appears that in the short time, Francis has bought into the concepts of Coach Anderson, a noted sprints whisperer. Many in the past simply don't completely buy in with their coach's earnest suggestions!

--

August 13, 2017 at 4:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Blog Entries

by Speedfirst | 0 comments
Page_white_text TRY
by Speedfirst | 0 comments
by Speedfirst | 1 comment

Recent Videos

369 views - 0 comments
343 views - 0 comments
825 views - 0 comments
790 views - 2 comments

Recent Prayer Requests

• Prayers requested

I am requesting prayers for my mother, she isn?t do well right now, some liver issues, God?s will, will be done, thank y?all. Love you family!!
  • Loss Of Grandmother

My grandmother passed into Eternity on Friday, 12/02/2011. I'm requesting prayer on behalf of my family and myself. While I'm sad at my grandmother's passing, I celebrate her ...