TrackNation

Select a Forum

Forum Home > High School Track > 2017 Indoor and Outdoor season

Speedfirst
Site Owner

Gentlemen we had our conference championship last night and we were victorious on both levels, we were minus 3 athletes who are contribitors, but once again our depth prevailed. W.E. Rino was one of the athletes, slight hammy, sat him out.

--

For me to live is Christ, but to die is gain Phil. 1:21

May 13, 2017 at 12:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scottmitchell74

Excellent! So happy to hear it. 

How many individuals/teams do you move on? 

--

"You there on the motorbike...sell me one of your melons!"

May 13, 2017 at 1:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

Scott thanks, that will be next week when we have our sectionals to then move onto the state meet.

--

May 13, 2017 at 2:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

You called it Coach!   All those PRs from JV to V!   I can only imagine how you've been waiting for the guys to REALIZE what they've been instructed to do for x number of months!

Sorry to hear about Rino.  I trust that it's not too severe.

--

May 13, 2017 at 2:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

Coach- we still have a ways to go and the runway is so short. Rino could've run if this were sectionals for state. I didn't have my top guys in the 100 or 200m, didn't have my #1 4x1 or 4x2. So this upcoming week, I do plan, Lord willing to put somethings together. Yes the effort of the team at this meet and really every meet we've competed in, has been fun to watch, their grit, determination, effort.

--

May 13, 2017 at 2:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

We just had our sectional championship on yesterday to go downstate, in 40 degree's wind, rain and cold. We tied for the most athletes (10) different and events for state (13), all 4 relays as well!!!

--

May 20, 2017 at 4:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scottmitchell74

Wow! Way to go, and way to fight the elements. 

--

"You there on the motorbike...sell me one of your melons!"

May 20, 2017 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

scottmitchell74 at May 20, 2017 at 9:54 PM

Thanks Scott and yeah it was horrible, brutal, the weather..... we did again tied for the most qualifiers in the state, again which included all 4 relays.

--

May 20, 2017 at 10:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

Speedfirst at May 20, 2017 at 10:48 PM

Thanks Scott and yeah it was horrible, brutal, the weather..... we did again tied for the most qualifiers in the state, again which included all 4 relays.

This certainly hasn't been the season for many this year.   At least in terms of cooperative conditions    Congrats though on the young men that stepped up regardless.

How's Rino coming along Coach?

--

May 21, 2017 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

W.E. at May 21, 2017 at 2:22 PM

Speedfirst at May 20, 2017 at 10:48 PM

This certainly hasn't been the season for many this year.   At least in terms of cooperative conditions    Congrats though on the young men that stepped up regardless.

How's Rino coming along Coach?

Coach, thank you, we will save our best and fastest times for state, jumps and let it ride and if it's good enough, then we'll see.

I do know this prior to the miserable weather we were dropping times and getting some athlete back health wise.

Rino, I didn't run him in any open events, just the two relays, 4x100 and 4x200. I didn't want to expand his load, he isn't quite 100%, but he looks better and is performing better each day, thanks for asking about him.

--

May 22, 2017 at 11:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Blog Entries

by Speedfirst | 0 comments
Page_white_text TRY
by Speedfirst | 0 comments
by Speedfirst | 1 comment

Recent Videos

369 views - 0 comments
343 views - 0 comments
825 views - 0 comments
790 views - 2 comments

Recent Prayer Requests

• Prayers requested

I am requesting prayers for my mother, she isn?t do well right now, some liver issues, God?s will, will be done, thank y?all. Love you family!!
  • Loss Of Grandmother

My grandmother passed into Eternity on Friday, 12/02/2011. I'm requesting prayer on behalf of my family and myself. While I'm sad at my grandmother's passing, I celebrate her ...