TrackNation

Select a Forum

Forum Home > Training, Nutrition > Maximal Speed-to-Specific Endurance Training Ratios

W.E.

Yes - Coach Keven, you guys (IL) have been up to some good work on improving the upper regions of human-sprint capability!   It's good to see the info being pipelined from noted biomechanists as well.  

In addition, SimpliFaster is one of those sites I take in regularly - going as far back as Jakalski's earlier reviews from the SMU Lab work.   IMHO, required reading when possible!

Look forward to viewing your work from this summer.    BTW, what position(s) do you coach for football?

--

August 13, 2017 at 4:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scottmitchell74

Good to see you Speed! 

--

"You there on the motorbike...sell me one of your melons!"

August 13, 2017 at 11:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

Scott, good to be seen, thanks!! I hope you guys know I will NEVER abandon TrackNation, this is home!!

W.E. I coach the running backs and defensive backs, freshman level by choice, this way I can get them headed over to the track team, put my bug in their ears!!

Jakalski and Ken Clark's work from the SMU lab is required reading. For me the treadmill, I'm not a proponent of that with respect to the aid the treadmill provides as far footsrike onto it, with the treadmill obviously being in motion and even moreso the higher rate of speed. It does serve the purpose of what Clark, Weyland, Jakalski, are looking out to discover, point out. Both when you also consider the levers, arms and legs specifically and them being in sync, you don't really get to experience that honestly with the treadmill at the high rate of speed.

--

For me to live is Christ, but to die is gain Phil. 1:21

August 14, 2017 at 1:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

Coach, I concur with your view regarding the treadmill.   Particularly as it might relate to recovery mechanisms as well.

The Japanese and other biomechanist groups of the region have used to great affect force plates and various 3D video modulations to arrive at similar conclusions.   Though I do prefer the interpretations from the referenced authors more.

--

August 14, 2017 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

A little over a month out and we will start our preseason training as a group. I do plan on introducing something new to the entire group....my focus and emphasis will be on leg strength and sprint mechanicss

--

For me to live is Christ, but to die is gain Phil. 1:21

October 10, 2017 at 2:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

Speedfirst at October 10, 2017 at 2:14 PM

A little over a month out and we will start our preseason training as a group. I do plan on introducing something new to the entire group....my focus and emphasis will be on leg strength and sprint mechanicss

I trust you will share some of your experiences from the upcoming season as well?

--

October 16, 2017 at 6:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Blog Entries

by Speedfirst | 0 comments
Page_white_text TRY
by Speedfirst | 0 comments
by Speedfirst | 1 comment

Recent Videos

369 views - 0 comments
343 views - 0 comments
825 views - 0 comments
790 views - 2 comments

Recent Prayer Requests

• Prayers requested

I am requesting prayers for my mother, she isn?t do well right now, some liver issues, God?s will, will be done, thank y?all. Love you family!!
  • Loss Of Grandmother

My grandmother passed into Eternity on Friday, 12/02/2011. I'm requesting prayer on behalf of my family and myself. While I'm sad at my grandmother's passing, I celebrate her ...