TrackNation

Select a Forum

Forum Home > High School Track > New Balance Nationals Outdoors

W.E.

Should be some exciting races this weekend in Greensboro, NC, featuring many dynamic HS athletes, including world youth elites such as Tyrese Cooper (FL), Brian Herron (GA), Cameron Cooper (MI) et al.   I'll be particularly watching a local elite (Davonte Burnett) in the short sprints. He'll be a senior in the fall with performances lately showing much promise.

Live Webcast: http://cdn.runnerspace.com/nbnolive.html

Schedule of Events: http://www.nbnationalsout.com/eprofile.php?event_id=3689&title_id=692&do=title&folder_id=0&page_id=10670

Live Results: http://www.nbnationalsout.com/eprofile.php?event_id=3689&title_id=693&do=title&folder_id=1161

--

June 16, 2017 at 7:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

Thanks W.E. once and again some very good times and performances.

--

For me to live is Christ, but to die is gain Phil. 1:21

June 19, 2017 at 9:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

Speedfirst at June 19, 2017 at 9:52 AM

I really enjoy the meet each year. Though, several states have athletes (like yours for example) that would be as competitive as some others representing qualitatively similar regions (e.g., Northeast).

The athlete that I was watching intently made it to both Championship finals.   Being a junior, I would expect a higher degree of confidence towards next training/competition year.   I trust his coaches were watching as intently as well.

--

June 19, 2017 at 10:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

W.E. at June 19, 2017 at 10:53 AM

Speedfirst at June 19, 2017 at 9:52 AM

I really enjoy the meet each year. Though, several states have athletes (like yours for example) that would be as competitive as some others representing qualitatively similar regions (e.g., Northeast).

The athlete that I was watching intently made it to both Championship finals.   Being a junior, I would expect a higher degree of confidence towards next training/competition year.   I trust his coaches were watching as intently as well.

Coach- I see the athlete you were watching, ran 10.51 and 21.86, nice times, against some obvious stiff competition.

In looking at the freshman in the 100m, my freshman would've been very competitive, just happens all of my top freshman are in football camp right now, but will start my speed camp this afternoon.

--

June 19, 2017 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

Coach Keven - was the freshman you spoke of Steven Flowers, Naz Bryant or another not listed in Athletic.net?

How long does your Speed Camp go in the summer?   Eager to hear some fast practice performances from your group.

--

June 19, 2017 at 7:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scottmitchell74

Speed camp. Yay! I look forward to hearing abouth that, as well. 

--

"You there on the motorbike...sell me one of your melons!"

June 19, 2017 at 9:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

W.E. at June 19, 2017 at 7:06 PM

Coach Keven - was the freshman you spoke of Steven Flowers, Naz Bryant or another not listed in Athletic.net?

How long does your Speed Camp go in the summer?   Eager to hear some fast practice performances from your group.

W.E. coach, I have two other freshman, one who ran on my 4x4 Tyrone Clark, he just ran 4.4 40 and the other is Raphoroal Dallas, 4.5, Tyrone and Dallas are right now a low 11, high 10 100m. I would say Flowers and Naz are 11.1ish now.

Speed camp is for two months, until Aug. 19th. I will keep you guys posted and also share some video. Today we are doing a strength/speed circuit. Some jumps, with core work and a sprint of about 20 meters. I go on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, only for an hour, but it is very intense, challenging.

--

June 21, 2017 at 5:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

Coach Keven (If you don't mind me addressing you as), I love how you just keep it coming! God willing, I suspect that I will see one of your teams competing in a national sponsored event. Though I understand how regional obligations have priority.

I'm scheduled to perform some local 40y sprint tests next week. Though I'm assured that the faster times will be in the high 4.xx.  Probably get some linemen in the high 5's as well!!

--

June 22, 2017 at 7:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]

W.E. at June 16, 2017 at 7:36 AM

Should be some exciting races this weekend in Greensboro, NC, featuring many dynamic HS athletes, including world youth elites such as Tyrese Cooper (FL), Brian Herron (GA), Cameron Cooper (MI) et al.   I'll be particularly watching a local elite (Davonte Burnett) in the short sprints. He'll be a senior in the fall with performances lately showing much promise.

Schedule of Events: http://www.nbnationalsout.com/eprofile.php?event_id=3689&title_id=692&do=title&folder_id=0&page_id=10670

Live Results: http://www.nbnationalsout.com/eprofile.php?event_id=3689&title_id=693&do=title&folder_id=1161

WE this Burnett guy what D1 schools are looking at him if you know???

June 23, 2017 at 11:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

W.E. at June 22, 2017 at 7:38 AM

Coach Keven (If you don't mind me addressing you as), I love how you just keep it coming! God willing, I suspect that I will see one of your teams competing in a national sponsored event. Though I understand how regional obligations have priority.

I'm scheduled to perform some local 40y sprint tests next week. Though I'm assured that the faster times will be in the high 4.xx.  Probably get some linemen in the high 5's as well!!

Coach W.E. of course I don't mind, you and I go back to far for me to mind. Lord willing next spring or summer I will some of my kids in a national sponsored meet, Lord willing. I have elected to avoid them for years, for no good reason.

Good to hear about the 40 y sprint  test. Today we are doing pure speed, standing 10's, flying 10's, flying 20's and 30's, will also do some wicket work for stride length. I'll tape some of this.

--

June 23, 2017 at 1:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scottmitchell74

Looking forward to seeing that, Speed. I have banana hurdles and we've started doing them, but I'd love to see your video. 

WE - are those strictly for football purposes?

--

"You there on the motorbike...sell me one of your melons!"

June 23, 2017 at 6:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

[email protected] at June 23, 2017 at 11:11 AM

W.E. at June 16, 2017 at 7:36 AM

WE this Burnett guy what D1 schools are looking at him if you know???

Hey Dwight, I'm thinking that Davonte Burnett might go south.   He's been to several JOs, which were in Tx and Fl.   His brother went to South Carolina a decade ago, so I'm thinking he and family are comfortable with leaving the NE region.

Of course, at the level of performance he's approaching, I would suspect that he might get many appealing offers.  I might be able to get some better info from his club coach.

--

June 24, 2017 at 9:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

scottmitchell74 at June 23, 2017 at 6:22 PM

Looking forward to seeing that, Speed. I have banana hurdles and we've started doing them, but I'd love to see your video. 

WE - are those strictly for football purposes?

Scott, I've made these tests available to any and all athletic programs.   The athletes that came out when I tested in another region were basically track/football guys.   Designed essentially for potential sport identification.

This year will be a first for me in MA however.   I suspect that this group will essentially be field turf athletes - football, soccer, probably even baseball.   They're all part of an off-season conditioning  program that the school arranges each summer.

--

June 24, 2017 at 9:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Blog Entries

by Speedfirst | 0 comments
Page_white_text TRY
by Speedfirst | 0 comments
by Speedfirst | 1 comment

Recent Videos

369 views - 0 comments
343 views - 0 comments
825 views - 0 comments
790 views - 2 comments

Recent Prayer Requests

• Prayers requested

I am requesting prayers for my mother, she isn?t do well right now, some liver issues, God?s will, will be done, thank y?all. Love you family!!
  • Loss Of Grandmother

My grandmother passed into Eternity on Friday, 12/02/2011. I'm requesting prayer on behalf of my family and myself. While I'm sad at my grandmother's passing, I celebrate her ...