TrackNation

Select a Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Birth Of A Nation

[email protected]

Who has seen this so-called controversial film its on DVD its about the NAT TURNER slave rebellion!!!!!!!

July 1, 2017 at 3:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

Reminds me of several '70's films.   Though then, there was a certain sympathetic air to them as well.

--

July 5, 2017 at 12:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]

I thoroughly enjoyed this piece of cinematic work anything I saw in this movie I see in the modern era when it comes to the experience of black ppl in this country.So-called FEMINISTS did their best to see that NO ONE saw this film because of its underlying message UNITY.They brought up 20 yr old RAPE charges from the late 90s that Parker was ACQUITTED for something they knew long before the movie was starting to generate OSCAR BUZZ.

July 6, 2017 at 1:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scottmitchell74

Wow. I avoided this based soley on the name. I thought it was a remake of the old black&white KKK film from way back.

So this is about Nat Turner. Well, then, based on the reviews here, I'll have to watch it with my girls. 

Thanks dwightlove! 

--

"You there on the motorbike...sell me one of your melons!"

July 7, 2017 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]

scottmitchell74 at July 7, 2017 at 3:24 PM

Wow. I avoided this based soley on the name. I thought it was a remake of the old black&white KKK film from way back.

So this is about Nat Turner. Well, then, based on the reviews here, I'll have to watch it with my girls. 

Thanks dwightlove! 

Please do Scott again as you said its wordplay on the original title show this to your daughters and explain this the very best that you can.This film deserves our support.Ppl outside the black community tried their best to see that this film was not seen by us because of its underlying message of INDEPENDENCE by bringing up 20 yr old rape charges from Parker's past in the late '90s by the way he was ACQUITTED of those charges but they still were trying to attack him because of the movie he made.If these charges were so important where were these aforementioned charges when Parker made other films long before BIRTH OF A NATION?????

July 20, 2017 at 2:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Blog Entries

by Speedfirst | 0 comments
Page_white_text TRY
by Speedfirst | 0 comments
by Speedfirst | 1 comment

Recent Forum Posts

Recent Videos

327 views - 0 comments
304 views - 0 comments
776 views - 0 comments
749 views - 2 comments

Recent Prayer Requests

• Prayers requested

I am requesting prayers for my mother, she isn?t do well right now, some liver issues, God?s will, will be done, thank y?all. Love you family!!
  • Loss Of Grandmother

My grandmother passed into Eternity on Friday, 12/02/2011. I'm requesting prayer on behalf of my family and myself. While I'm sad at my grandmother's passing, I celebrate her ...