TrackNation

Select a Forum

Forum Home > Training, Nutrition > Are We Seeing a New Generation of Speed Event Athlete?

W.E.

Speedfirst at August 21, 2018 at 12:30 PM

Rai Benjamin I would love to see consider the open 400, Cam Burrell may make some noise, as well as Eli Hall if he can stay healthy. On the female side, Hobbs, Asher-Smith, Ellis from USC.

How could I have forgotten Benjamin?   Certainly hope there might be more open 4's than Kevin Yoiung ran.during his big seasons.

Do you believe Hobbs will be as big next year and for 2020 Olys?   I thought Deejah Stevens was going to emerge higher but it seems that Thomas has possibly replaced her as being that next long sprint talent.

Strangely enough, I'm having some doubts about McLaughlin outside of the hurdles.   On the other hand, Irby's talents seem very bright to me.   Though many conflicts with 200 v. 400!

--

August 21, 2018 at 10:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

W.E. at August 21, 2018 at 10:08 PM

Speedfirst at August 21, 2018 at 12:30 PM

Rai Benjamin I would love to see consider the open 400, Cam Burrell may make some noise, as well as Eli Hall if he can stay healthy. On the female side, Hobbs, Asher-Smith, Ellis from USC.

How could I have forgotten Benjamin?   Certainly hope there might be more open 4's than Kevin Yoiung ran.during his big seasons.

Do you believe Hobbs will be as big next year and for 2020 Olys?   I thought Deejah Stevens was going to emerge higher but it seems that Thomas has possibly replaced her as being that next long sprint talent.

Strangely enough, I'm having some doubts about McLaughlin outside of the hurdles.   On the other hand, Irby's talents seem very bright to me.   Though many conflicts with 200 v. 400!

I'm not certain who Hobbs will be coached by, will she stay with Shavers, she has such an upside. I think when you compare the mechanics of both Hobbs and Stevens, I give Hobbs the edge. Stevens I believe will go the way of the Tarmoh's, Duncans, of the world, by that, run their best in college.

With Sydney, she is such a talent, I do believe she if she can keep it together with respect to distractions, those pulling on her, she should do well on the senior level.

I can see Irby as a Brisco-Hooks type, yet faster at the 200m and maybe even at the 400.

--

For me to live is Christ, but to die is gain Phil. 1:21

August 22, 2018 at 11:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

Speedfirst - your comparisons are spot on.   Particularly with respect to Irby and Brisco-Hooks.   And with all the international (youth & junior) exposure should highlight well after Goergia.

As mentioned, I'm especially impressed with the running mechanics of these young talents, women and men alike.  A colleague of mine has been doing detailed sprint analyses of late and it's curious to note how similar they are with both linear and angular motion.

--

August 22, 2018 at 10:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

684 views - 0 comments
613 views - 0 comments
1134 views - 0 comments
1036 views - 2 comments

Recent Prayer Requests

• Prayers requested

I am requesting prayers for my mother, she isn?t do well right now, some liver issues, God?s will, will be done, thank y?all. Love you family!!
  • Loss Of Grandmother

My grandmother passed into Eternity on Friday, 12/02/2011. I'm requesting prayer on behalf of my family and myself. While I'm sad at my grandmother's passing, I celebrate her ...