TrackNation

Select a Forum

Forum Home > High School Track > 2018 State Meet Bronze 4x4

scottmitchell74

Coaches,

The season ended with a fantastic surprise! The Wylie 4x4 team took Bronze with a 3:58.20, a PR by 4.78 seconds. Brianna split a 58.6 (according to her coach) and every girl ran the race of their lives. We could not be more proud.

Again, coaches, I can't thank you enough. Through your knowledge, transfered to Brianna, she was able to have the best HS career possible. Thanks for all your help! 

--

"You there on the motorbike...sell me one of your melons!"

May 12, 2018 at 6:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

scottmitchell74 at May 12, 2018 at 6:36 PM

Coaches,

The season ended with a fantastic surprise! The Wylie 4x4 team took Bronze with a 3:58.20, a PR by 4.78 seconds. Brianna split a 58.6 (according to her coach) and every girl ran the race of their lives. We could not be more proud.

Again, coaches, I can't thank you enough. Through your knowledge, transfered to Brianna, she was able to have the best HS career possible. Thanks for all your help! 

Scott- fantastic!!

If I was a small help, thanks for trusting me, much continued success for Brianna, going forward!!

--

For me to live is Christ, but to die is gain Phil. 1:21

May 18, 2018 at 9:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.
Hey Scott - I know you will keep us up to date with Brianna's progress!!
--

November 24, 2018 at 11:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

scottmitchell74

Well the short story is that Freshman Brianna struggled with many things, mostly her weight and time management. In talking about the last year (and more) my wife pointed out every time I'm hands-off, Brianna falls off...so we're back to the drawing board together again. I was hands-off for her entire Freshman season...wanting to see how that went. Maybe we'll figure it out again.

In the meantime, on a whim she and I were looking at youtube videos of last year's State meet and lo and behold a different team had footage that had my daughter and her team all over the place because of how close the race was. We feel lucky to have found it because we don't have footage of it ourselves. Brianna is the leadoff leg starting at 4:30. They are the purple and gold team - WYLIE - bib 1018 - Again, I thought of you guys so much that day...I promise you you guys were there in spirit, whether you knew it or not. https://youtu.be/Woeb8_cKKZo?t=270

--

May 13, 2019 at 10:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

Appreciate the update Scott.   It has been awhile.   I tried to get Brianna's status on the ACU track website with very little in result.

I truly hope it works out for the both of you.   Though I have no doubt she will takeoff with you guiding her.   I assume you will be getting things started this summer?

i have my own summer project that I'm hoping will benefit for next year as well.  If there is interest I might start posting her progress this summer on the site.

--

May 15, 2019 at 10:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

Scott- thanks for the update, I echo W.E. comments, of course if can be of any assistance, let me know. W.E., coach, certainly share the progress of your athlete. I'll be doing somethings this summer as well, and will share that also. Much success, gentlemen:)

--

For me to live is Christ, but to die is gain Phil. 1:21

May 15, 2019 at 11:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

scottmitchell74

W.E. at May 15, 2019 at 10:15 AM

Appreciate the update Scott.   It has been awhile.   I tried to get Brianna's status on the ACU track website with very little in result.

I truly hope it works out for the both of you.   Though I have no doubt she will takeoff with you guiding her.   I assume you will be getting things started this summer?

i have my own summer project that I'm hoping will benefit for next year as well.  If there is interest I might start posting her progress this summer on the site.

WE,

Thanks, yes, we'll start soon this Summer. Stripping things down and back to the basics and working back up from there.

WE - I would love to follow your project! Please share. 

--

May 15, 2019 at 1:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

This project will involve two of the training systems that we employ in a training year.   Beginning with posture and dynamic movement screens in a few weeks.

I will post as much data and anecdotal info as can be transferred into the Training & Nutrition section.   It will be a followup (with a different athlete of course) in the Summer Work thread.  

To no surprise I will be using much of the brilliant early postings in that section that Coach Allen has presented as well as the work path that Scott used with Brianna.    I know...I'm creating a monster, right?

--

May 15, 2019 at 2:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scottmitchell74

I know...I'm creating a monster, right?

To somewhat misquote a wordsmith legend..."Back to the lab..."

--

May 15, 2019 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

725 views - 0 comments
645 views - 0 comments
1185 views - 0 comments
1073 views - 2 comments

Recent Prayer Requests

• Prayers requested

I am requesting prayers for my mother, she isn?t do well right now, some liver issues, God?s will, will be done, thank y?all. Love you family!!
  • Loss Of Grandmother

My grandmother passed into Eternity on Friday, 12/02/2011. I'm requesting prayer on behalf of my family and myself. While I'm sad at my grandmother's passing, I celebrate her ...