TrackNation

Select a Forum

Forum Home > Pro Track > World Championship 2019

W.E.

Speedfirst, I'm not surprised to see your attention to detail as well wth SMU's short sprint-like structure.   I'm reminded that she and Asher-Smith had practically the same number of steps down the homestretch in the 200 race @ Zurich though having a 20cm advantage in length.

I guess with Gary Evans also working in Clermont perhaps there might be some crossover of work with Gardiner and SMU.   No doubt the short sprint activity which includes Lyles et al is in place and thriving.

However, as you reminded me, when healthy, not to give up on Irby.   With her, I thought she had the intrinsic physical skills, as well as the emotional/mental makeup to compete in a global long sprint championship.   Am I wrong here?

--

November 1, 2019 at 3:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

Well guys, I'm finally coming over to your side.

Miller-Uibo just might be better for the 400m than the 200m.   Though the attributes are there for the latter to be dominant, I simply haven't seen it manifest itself.

By the same token, various segments in the one-lap don't thrill me either.   Though the main handlers are different, I've seen better maturation in this event over time with Gardiner than SM-U.

So Scott, Speedfirst, for now I'm convinced with your prior arguments .Certainly, with the return of a "Naser2019", that race could be very special!

--

July 6, 2021 at 3:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

W.E. at July 6, 2021 at 3:32 PM

Well guys, I'm finally coming over to your side.

Miller-Uibo just might be better for the 400m than the 200m.   Though the attributes are there for the latter to be dominant, I simply haven't seen it manifest itself.

By the same token, various segments in the one-lap don't thrill me either.   Though the main handlers are different, I've seen better maturation in this event over time with Gardiner than SM-U.

So Scott, Speedfirst, for now I'm convinced with your prior arguments .Certainly, with the return of a "Naser2019", that race could be very special!

Well seeing Shaunae run that 200m today and maybe she was a tad bit flat. She may have taken for granted Jackson the winner. I will wait on another 200m from Shaunae to see how things look.

--

For me to live is Christ, but to die is gain Phil. 1:21

July 6, 2021 at 6:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scottmitchell74

The 200 seems...uncertain. BUT, SAFP always does this. She uses the DL meets to get ready and just when you think she's slowing down...boom. She's a big-gamer so she's my favorite until proven otherwise. 

--

"You there on the motorbike...sell me one of your melons!"

July 14, 2021 at 5:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

A lot of high performance talent, as well as proven ability in this event.  Yes, Fraser-Pryce, Thompson-Herah, Asher-Smith, Thomas...Miller-Uibo will have her hands full each round.   Particularly if she needs to get that higher radius lane!

--

July 19, 2021 at 11:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

I really wonder if Kerley can win either short sprint or the long one at this year's global champs in Eugene.   Training seems to go well but there's something missing...

Of course I'm not good at predicting these things anyway!�� 

--

May 9, 2022 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

W.E. at May 9, 2022 at 9:37 PM

I really wonder if Kerley can win either short sprint or the long one at this year's global champs in Eugene.   Training seems to go well but there's something missing...

It's going to be interesting, I think he is going for the 100/200 double. I think he is running and has run the open 400m in preparation for that. That short sprint bug bit him and bit him hard last year. He obviously experienced some success. I don't think he'll win either the 100m or 200m (Knighton), but he'll be competitive.

--

For me to live is Christ, but to die is gain Phil. 1:21

May 10, 2022 at 10:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

Speedfirst at May 10, 2022 at 10:43 AM

W.E. at May 9, 2022 at 9:37 PM

It's going to be interesting, I think he is going for the 100/200 double. I think he is running and has run the open 400m in preparation for that. That short sprint bug bit him and bit him hard last year. He obviously experienced some success. I don't think he'll win either the 100m or 200m (Knighton), but he'll be competitive.

I couldn't agree more.   Hopefully for him there'll be a surprise to many of us!

--

May 11, 2022 at 11:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

956 views - 0 comments
1443 views - 0 comments
1290 views - 2 comments
1112 views - 2 comments

Recent Prayer Requests

• YOU NEED QUALITY VISITORS FOR YOUR: webs.com WE PROVIDE ORGANIC VISITORS BY KEYWORD FROM SEARCH ENGINES OR SOCIAL MEDIA YOU GET HIGH-QUALITY VISITORS - visitors from...
  • Prayers requested

I am requesting prayers for my mother, she isn?t do well right now, some liver issues, God?s will, will be done, thank y?all. Love you family!!