TrackNation

Select a Forum

Forum Home > High School Track > 2021-22

Speedfirst
Site Owner

We have entered the outdoor portion of our season, had our 1st outdoor meet canceled today. We finished the indoor season, undefeated in 5 meets, which included the indoor conference meet. We won both levels, varsity and freshman/sophomore, the junior level destroyed the competition, so that certainly bodes well for our future. Looking forward to a very good outdoor season!!!

--

For me to live is Christ, but to die is gain Phil. 1:21

April 9, 2022 at 1:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

Glad to hear that OP-RF is still killing it!!   With Coach Allen behind the scenes what else could led be expected.

I'm volunteering at the local school this spring.   I can't tell you how disappointing it has been though.   Completely different pathways in training philosophy and implementation from I'm accustomed to.

But I'm all for success however it might be achieved!

--

April 27, 2022 at 12:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

W.E. at April 27, 2022 at 12:03 PM

Glad to hear that OP-RF is still killing it!!   With Coach Allen behind the scenes what else could led be expected.

I'm volunteering at the local school this spring.   I can't tell you how disappointing it has been though.   Completely different pathways in training philosophy and implementation from I'm accustomed to.

But I'm all for success however it might be achieved!

Thank you coach, always for your kind, considerate, thoughtful words, thoughts, it means a lot to me.

I know you will have as per usual, a strong impact, influence on that school and they will be the benefactors and success will be achieved!!! God bless!!

--

April 28, 2022 at 12:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

Who are the burners/sprint stars of OP-RF this year?

--

May 4, 2022 at 5:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

W.E. at May 4, 2022 at 5:12 PM

Who are the burners/sprint stars of OP-RF this year?

No stars, burners, I have a freshman, he plays hockey as well, talented, has to learn how to run as a top level sprinter, working on that. He is just comig off a hip injury during the indoor season, hasn't run ourdoors yet, plan on running him, this coming Monday, 100m and 4x1 at the varsity level. Have some young sprinters, but again with talent and have to develop that talent. I have gotten spoiled over the years, with being to reload, it's been a challenging year, not hitting the numbers time wise we would have hitted by now. Our outdoor conference is coming up Friday, I am still trying to nail down both my 4x1 and 4x2 lineup and actually a 2nd sprinter to go with my freshman, so we have a meet Monday evening, this will give me one more chance to look at a sprinter who hads worked with me the last two summers, so he'll have his opportunity to run his 1st 100 and 200m this year, he is also on my 4x1 and 4x2, strong leg.

--

May 7, 2022 at 5:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

I know that feeling too well, too often.   But that's what keeps us young...right Coach?��   However I can always count on Coach Allen to have your athletes come through with some outstanding performances.

Though I'm essentially working in a volunteering capacity, I'm spotting some time with a very spirited 8th grade short sprinter and a talented but seemingly lazy 11th grader.  Hopefully we'll have some agreeable weather soon that will highlight a few reasonably good performances in this region.

--

May 8, 2022 at 8:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

W.E. at May 8, 2022 at 8:12 PM

I know that feeling too well, too often.   But that's what keeps us young...right Coach?��   However I can always count on Coach Allen to have your athletes come through with some outstanding performances.

Though I'm essentially working in a volunteering capacity, I'm spotting some time with a very spirited 8th grade short sprinter and a talented but seemingly lazy 11th grader.  Hopefully we'll have some agreeable weather soon that will highlight a few reasonably good performances in this region.

Oh yeah coach Price, helps keep us young, you definitely hit the nail on the head. My wife asked me a week or  so ago, was I looking to retire, I said retire from what and do what?? I told her, they are gonna have to carry me away!!.....lol.... I do have some tricks up my sleeve for the next 3 weeks as we approach the end of the month, which is the state meet. What has probably been the most frustrating for me this season,has been the kids not applying the training, the concepts and executing at the meets to achieve those desired results.  My upper classman have been a total disappointment and are horrible examples for the underclassman.

Coach I know you will always perform your magic, with the athletes you work with, no question about that. I will post some footage here of somethings we have been doing at the meets, again there is some talent, they understand, the standards we have established around here and they must achieve those.

--

May 9, 2022 at 1:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

So we won our 5th straight outdoor conference title on last week in one of the toughest conferences in the state, praise and thank the Lord.

Today we go for our  9th straight title and 17th title in 20 years!! At our sectional meet, to qaulify for the state meet, next week...asking God to bless us and keep us, lead us and guide us!!

--

May 19, 2022 at 11:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

With God's will I have no doubt the team will succeed.   Go OP-RF!!!

--

May 20, 2022 at 6:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

W.E. at May 20, 2022 at 6:33 PM

With God's will I have no doubt the team will succeed.   Go OP-RF!!!

It's been a trying year, with youth of our team, so we had our sectional meet last Thursday, won that once again, 9th straight, 17th in the last 20 years,  qualified all (4) relays, 110&300H, 800m, LJ, HJ, PV, SP, Discus. We need to perform at a high level, optimally at state to come home with some hardward.

Next year Lord willing the experience our young team from ths year will produce some great results, very deep across the board and I expect that team to live up to the standards we have set over the years, this year's team, haven't quite yet lived up to those standards.

--

May 23, 2022 at 10:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

I'm looking to working with a couple of athletes this summer.   One, an eighth grader coming in with 12.2x/25.80 numbers.   The other, a HS junior with 11.23/23.06 performances this spring to-date.

The latter athlete competes this weekend in a division state meet and doubt he will join the other this summer...though he talks it!!  He comes across as lazy to me...lies around on the football turf (a player of course) minutes on end from the beginning of practice to the end.   Even his FB coach doesn't seem much interested!

However, if he does I intend to look closely at his dietary routines as well as sleep and waking patterns.   I won't go any further!!

The younger one is absorbing everything I suggest and seems to enjoy, so far, the direction we've been going.   Who knows Coach?   I no doubt will keep you informed as you have with your athletes and programs.

--

May 25, 2022 at 1:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scottmitchell74

Hey guys! I've not forgotten you and think of you all the time, I've just been distracted by life (in a good way!)

Speed - when is the State Meet? Has it happened yet?

W.E. - Do you keep the number of athletes to a minimum? Is there a sweet-spot with the number you'll work with at one time? 

--

"You there on the motorbike...sell me one of your melons!"

May 26, 2022 at 8:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

Hi again Scott.   I for one miss you guys!   The journey that you and "the young lady" took brought so much good vibe to these conversations.   Though your present distractions sound very interesting at that!

Of course, like you, I'm always bugging Speedfirst for info on his programs and his opinion on the state of affairs in T&F.   You guys have the goods here!

As far as myself - I feel more confident with the systems I utilize in my program when I limit it to its' present count.   Since recovery remains an active part of an athlete's schedule, I would find it difficult to monitor and supplement a larger group.

Like you did with your daughter, it worked out very well for Amanda when her father was as actively involved.  The same with Justin.  The same hasn't happened since they moved on and with my age...it works out.   Of course, recent technological gains in those areas has helped as well!

By the way guys, I've realized that it also became more difficult to coach (even part time) and continue to pursue a masters certification in this sport.   Totally embarrassed myself during a recent review of a research project with my mentorship sponsor.   Subsequently, I have opted to dismiss myself from that campaign and channel my energy towards working to improve the athletes in this area.   It's more fun anyway...at least I hope so!!

Now tell us about these distractions...if they're not too personal!

--

May 26, 2022 at 1:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scottmitchell74

Well just the distractions are mostly the facts of life of having two in college at the same time. 

The former athlete just graduated Magna Cum Laude in Biology. I can't believe it at all. It seems like just yesterday the three of us were working with her on her HS career and now she's a college grad soon to be 22! What?

The youngest just wrapped up her Freshman year. Two adults! 

The wife and I just passed 23 years better than ever!

I'm winding down my FFing career. Less than two years now. We've been talking about the next phase as 50 is obviously too young to stop working...I'm just retiring from the fire service which is a young man's game and although I'm "regular world" young I'm firefighter "ancient." 

WE - I really get what you're saying about keeping the roster light in numbers. I like that. 

--

May 27, 2022 at 6:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

W.E.

...and well deserved all around, my friend.

Thanks Scott and the Mrs. for two young ladies that will no doubt help to bring a better future to this world, God willing.

--

May 28, 2022 at 12:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

Scott, nice hearing from you and of course life is busy, for certain......our state meet was this past weekend, not our best performance, our hurdler 6th in the 110H and 1st place in the 300H and a 5th place finish by our 2nd year discus thrower, those two were the only two who made it to the finals.....my team is very young, so Lord willing the next several years, we return to our form and better!!

--

June 1, 2022 at 4:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

scottmitchell74

Thanks Speed!

I had a funny moment the other day. I was revisiting an old Carl Lewis -vs- Bolt thread on TnF News message board and there you were in the middle of the fray! Back in 2009 there were still a bunch of Track Shark refugees. :)

--

June 2, 2022 at 6:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Speedfirst
Site Owner

scottmitchell74 at June 2, 2022 at 6:58 PM

Thanks Speed!

I had a funny moment the other day. I was revisiting an old Carl Lewis -vs- Bolt thread on TnF News message board and there you were in the middle of the fray! Back in 2009 there were still a bunch of Track Shark refugees. :)

Lol, Scott, I stay in a fray, all these years later.....lol I love some bantering!!!

Again good hearing from you and I pray all is well and stays well with you and the family and all your endeavors!!

--

June 3, 2022 at 4:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

967 views - 0 comments
1452 views - 0 comments
1295 views - 2 comments
1118 views - 2 comments

Recent Prayer Requests

• YOU NEED QUALITY VISITORS FOR YOUR: webs.com WE PROVIDE ORGANIC VISITORS BY KEYWORD FROM SEARCH ENGINES OR SOCIAL MEDIA YOU GET HIGH-QUALITY VISITORS - visitors from...
  • Prayers requested

I am requesting prayers for my mother, she isn?t do well right now, some liver issues, God?s will, will be done, thank y?all. Love you family!!